With the arrival of spring and the recovery of everything, outdoor camping has become an increasingly popular travel activity. Whether it is outdoor camping, friends gathering or field shooting, outdoor power supply has become an essential equipment, so how should we choose from the wide variety of outdoor power supplies on the market? Here, Flashfish has made a summary for you.
1. Power Bank or Power Station
The first thing to look at when choosing an outdoor power supply is the capacity of the outdoor power supply, and the capacity ensures how long your outdoor power supply can be used outdoors. The capacity of outdoor power supplies on the market is mainly 100Wh-1500Wh
- If it is for short camping without overnight, choose a power station of 500Wh is sufficient;
- If you want to overnight camping or self-drive camping tour, 1000Wh and above would be better;
- Finally, remember to equip with a suitable solar panel to ensure longer life and energy savings for your power station.
Before choosing an outdoor power supply, you must first understand the power of each appliance you need for camping, and then choose the appropriate power outdoor power supply according to the power of the appliance. The power here is the total power of each appliance used at the same time, so you need to know how much power you need to add up, and then choose the right power station according to the total power.
- Outdoor camping electric cooker, electric fondue pot, induction stove and hair dryer and other electrical appliances power is generally in 600-1200w;
- Cell phones, tablets, laptops, car refrigerators, drones and lamps and other appliances are generally within 120w.
3.Built-in Battery type
The battery of power station on the market is mainly lithium-ion batteries and lithium iron phosphate batteries. Two kinds of batteries have their own characteristics.
- Lithium-ion battery is is a combination of high energy density and high voltage as one of the energy storage devices. The main features are high capacity, good stability and light weight.
- Lithium iron phosphate battery, is a lithium-ion battery using lithium iron phosphate as the cathode material and carbon as the negative electrode material. The main features are high operating voltage, high energy density, long cycle life, good safety performance, but heavier weight.
4.Volume & weight
Of course, the outdoor power supply is to be taken out for use, all its weight is also a point that needs to be seen, and no one wants to go out and hold a large and bulky power supply. In general, the volume and weight of the outdoor power supply are proportional to the battery capacity, and the larger the battery capacity, the larger the corresponding volume and weight. If you go camping, it is recommended to choose a light and portable power supply.
5.Brand & Safety
The most important thing in outdoor power supply is electricity safety! The brand of outdoor power supply is mixed, do not be greedy for cheap, rest assured that the big brand can provide safety and security. FLASHFISH unifies high standards, adopts advanced BMS battery management system, and eight safety protection to ensure safety.
Since 2010, flashfish has been committed to providing outdoor green power solutions for explorers and outdoor enthusiasts. Flashfish Solar Generators were designed with outdoor enthusiasts in mind. Our clean, quiet, and convenient solar generators allow you, the explorer, to enjoy an endless supply of power on your outdoor adventures!